2018 Volunteer Manual – Link will be updated closer to Event
Black Canyon Volunteer Team
We are looking for a team of volunteers to help on race weekend in many different aspects of the race. We have the following needs at this year’s event:
- Aid Station Captains – Responsible for the transportation of aid station supplies, setup, coordination of aid station helpers and breakdown on race day. Perks include an $80 Aravaipa Race Credit.
- Aid Station Volunteers – Show up on race day and assist runners with their food, hydration and gear needs. Help identify race drop bags for runners passing through and provide that all important encouragement and excitement.
- Course Marking – We’ll be laying out course markers on the days leading up to the race. Do you know the Black Canyon Trail well and want to help mark the course?
- Course Sweep – On race day we will need 2-3 runners per section of trail to run behind the last runner and clear the trail of any litter and course markings.
- Timing – Technologically minded? Help us with on course timing at checkpoints or at the finish line. We’ll be streaming updates live to the web as the race unfolds.
- Social Media – Like to use Twitter? Help build online excitement by posting updates and photos from along the course. We’ll set you up with our Twitter account so you can share the Black Canyon Trail with the world. Official hashtag is #blackcanyonultras
- Photo/Video – Do you have a photographic eye or experience shooting video? We need help with capturing the race experience. Please let us know your experience level.
Depending on the level of involvement volunteers will receive varying amounts of Aravaipa Running race credits that can be used at any future race. Volunteers will also receive either a race shirt or other piece of Aravaipa Running Merchandise. Finally, you’ll be a part of one of the most exciting new trail races in Arizona!
Please use the iVolunteer sign-up link below to reserve your volunteer slot and provide contact information so we can reach you with important details prior to race day! Thank you and see you in February!